Casa Julieta de Serpa
The mansion where today is located the Casa de Arte e Cultura Juliet Serpa was built in 1920, and is the fruit of a love story.
Passionate woman, Democritus Lartigau Seabra, son of important family of merchants, wanted to give a gift to his wife, Maria José, the most beautiful house in Rio de Janeiro. Hired a French architect to develop the project, and had come from all parts of Europe, finishing as "parquets", vitrôs and portals; and the decoration, as carpets, paintings and silverware.
In 1997, the property was tumbled by General Cultural Heritage Department of the Municipal Secretary of culture.
In 2002, the educator and antiquarian Carlos Alberto Serpa de Oliveira bought the mansion for him install a casa de cultura, giving it the name of his mother, Julieta de Serpa.
Currently, the belo mansion houses:
- the piano bar J Club, which has the dance floor and where excellent musical performances, especially of MPB and jazz;
- the restaurant Blason, French-inspired, commanded by chef Pierre Landry;
- the tearoom Salon d'Or, where tea is served with sweets and snacks, from Tuesday to Saturday from 16 to 7:0 pm. In this Hall, on some occasions, are staged plays during the tea by the theater company Juliet Serpa, formed by young talents;
- a wine cellar with 2000 bottles and 200 labels, commanded by John Souza, "Sommelier of the year 2010";
- several spaces very well decorated, the House provides for the realization of social and cultural events, such as art exhibitions, fashion shows, parties and others.