The Paróquia Nossa Senhora da Paz , also known Nossa Senhora da Paz Church as, monitored all the changes and development that the Ipanema urbanism brought to.
However, because of its slow construction, the first mass of the Church was in the small sacristy in May 12, 1921, since the Temple still did not offer conditions for large celebrations.
It was only in August that happened the great celebration of inauguration of the Chapel, celebrated with the arrival of the beautiful image of Nossa Senhora da Paz, coming directly from France.
Since then, the Church-located in Nossa Senhora da Paz square front, squanders beauty in a simple and stripped, characteristic of neo-romantic style.
The Stained Glass
Image of our Lady of peace
Masses of day 7
Community masses in Thanksgiving